I have been nominated to do my first tag! Thank you so much to Dalindcy for the nomination! Her opinionated posts make me heart happy.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- For each of the five senses (or as many as you do) describe five of your favorite things having to do with that sense. AKA your five favorite smells, sounds, etc.
- Nominate five other people to do this tag.
So, without further ado…. Let’s do it.
- The appearance of a room just after I’ve cleaned it. It’s always such a nice surprise to remember that I cleaned.
- Watching my dog look out the window. She’s so interested in the outside world.
- Boiling water on the stove, which means that it’s time to actually cook food/brew tea.
- Waking up to a cloudy morning. In a state with debilitating heat, waking up to clouds is truly amazing.
- A well organized planner. Organization is an obsession of mine. Gimme a well planned schedule with color coded writing any day.
- Fleece. Fleece is the best. I definitely own 4 fleece blankets.
- Feeling my phone in my hands after I’ve lost it. Touching the edge of it after dropping it in between the couch cushions is such a relief.
- Freshly washed hair after it’s dry. It’s always so soft and wonderful.
- My dog’s fur. She’s not the softest dog in the world, but the feeling of her fur has become comforting.
- Towels straight out of the dryer. They’re so warm.
- The pages of a book. I open books and smell them all the time. And yes, people look at me like I’m insane.
- Freshly cut grass. I don’t want to cut the grass, I just want to appreciate the smell.
- Clean linens ( You can probably tell that I have a thing for clean laundry).
- The air before it rain.Or after. Really just the smell of rain in general.
- The smell of chlorine (which is weird, I know).
- Bacon. Of course. It’s delicious.
- Dark chocolate, which is the superior form of chocolate and you will not convince me otherwise.
- Chocolate covered espresso beans. I probably eat too many of these late at night.
- Loose-leaf tea. Fresher than bagged tea, loose-leaf tea is much less bitter and way more delicious.
- Hamburger Helper: Cheeseburger Macaroni. Maybe it’s just for the nostalgia, but I love Hamburger Helper to this day.
- The Office theme song. It brings me joy every time I hear it.
- My text message tone. It reminds me that people actually like me.
- The jingling of my dog’s name tag. This means that she’s probably shaking with excitement because A. I just got home or B. We’re about to go on an adventure.
- Thunderstorms. Growing up in Tornado Ally, you grow to love thunderstorms.
- Music. This might be a cheating answer, but I love music. And I could never just pick one song.
So there it is. Some of my very favorite things. I hope you can relate to some of my weird favorites (such as liking the smell of chlorine…)
I hope you all have fun with this tag!