I am so honored to have been nominated by Big and Pinky Toes for the Liebster Award. Her blog is sweet, informative and is full of recipes that make me very hungry.. Definitely check her out. And thank you so much for nominating me!
I am told that The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and mention their blog
- Display the award on your blog
- give 10 facts about yourself
- nominate 5-10 blogs you admire and have under 200 followers
- post your answers of the questions given to you by the person who nominated you
- mention the rules in your post
- ask your nominees 10 questions after tagging them in the post.
So let’s get started with my 10 facts.
- I’m from Oklahoma and have lived here all my life but I’m hoping to move to the Northwest after I graduate college.
- I am an English Literature hoping to receive my PhD. I want to teach literature to college students.
- I moved out of my parent’s house and in with my boyfriend about 3 months ago. It’s both of our first time living away from home and we are loving it.
- I love Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper. I will probably never get sick of it.
- I’m a total movie and book cryer. I cry at things that aren’t even supposed to be sad.
- My favorite flowers are tulips, but I’ve never had them in my apartment.
- I like to get everywhere at least 10 minutes early.
- I didn’t like football until I started attending a university with a big team. Now I watch every Oklahoma State game.
- I’m claustrophobic. I almost cut a hole in my boyfriend’s tent when I couldn’t find the zipper.
- I wish I had more time to read for pleasure. As an English major, I read a lot of required stuff.
Here are the questions I was given:
What’s your name, and what’s the meaning behind it?
My name is Kourtney. It’s origin is English and French, and it means “of the court”. My mom picked it because she liked the name, but changed the traditional ‘C’ to a ‘K’ to make it more unique.
.What do you do in your leisure time?
Lounge around with my boyfriend, catch Pokemon, read, watch The Office.
.What’s your favorite movie?
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Mention your all time favorite books ( at least three)
The Tale of Desperaux
It’s Kind of a Funny Story
What’s your talent?
Hiding my crippling anxiety 😉
Your most embarrassing moment?
While I can’t think of a single incident, I get extremely embarrassed when someone forget my name.
If you could date any bookish character who would it be?
Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter series
Your favorite animal?
How many blogs do you have?
What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. I love the atmosphere. For me, Christmas is all of December. I decorate, make a ton of holiday treats and send out Christmas Cards,
I hope you all enjoy this as much as I have!
My Questions for You
- What’s your favorite season?
- What was your dream job as a kid?
- How do you spend your free time?
- Do you collect anything? If so, what?
- Name one place you want to visit before you die. Why?
- Favorite animal?
- Favorite person from history?
- If you had $1000 to spend any way you wanted, what would you buy?
- Favorite books (name at least three)?
- Why did you start blogging?
I look forward to seeing the responses from the people I’ve tagged!
Have a great day xx